Looking for Something?

Loading...

Thursday, 26 December 2013

Foodfather Christmas








I hope you had an exciting Christmas (if you celebrate it - and if not I hope your day was exciting nonetheless!) I am feeling very satisfied at the moment, in the way you do after a good meal. I really got into the Christmas spirit this year - not the spirit of doing festive things exactly, but I've been really appreciative of the people and things around me (SO CLICHE it would hurt if it wasn't so true!)
I'm finally posting pictures of my chopped off hair; not sure how much anyone really cares but I felt sort of obliged given all my complaining for wanting to do it that's been going on.
And much more interesting than that: what has become a somewhat regular fixture on this here blog, a leedle food update.


Zucchini pancakes, for an innovative new kind of brinner (which originates from the Latin 'breakfast dinner', for the uninformed). I was actually amazed at how entertaining they are to eat - you can make a sandwich, or a taco type thing, or really anything they are just so damn cool!!!! And so easy to make - basically just a plain, unsweetened pancake recipe with grated zucchini.


Mango lassi

Pretty watercolour-esque remainders of ice cream, biscuits and berries

A gluten intolerant friend and I made gluten-free crumpets


For forever my siblings and I have made each other Christmas gifts - this year one of my sisters got a hot chocolate mix with homemade marshmallows. I'd be telling a big fat FIB if I said they weren't tricky but they turned out fabulously. If you're interested in making marshmallows, I would recommend being patient (you really do need to let things go for as long as the recipe says) and employing a small island's worth of people to help you because there are so many things to do at once and there's a lot of stress with them all being needed to be done at precise moments.



Super
L
O
O
O
O
o
o
O
o
N
G
marshmallows



I watched The Godfather a couple of nights ago with my sister and dad because I was so fed up with the humiliation every time another Italian told me off (like literally told me off in a go-in-the-naughty-corner kind of way) (srsly) for not having seen it yet. SO I DID IT AND IT WAS GOOD. I'm really excited to see the third because apparently there's a young Sofia Coppola in there (Francis Ford Coppola directed the trilogy) and that would be kind of weird but cute!! So to conclude this essay I would advise you to see this film if you haven't already.
I'm off to have a delicious deep sleep, I hope your day is/has been interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Those marshmallows look amazing omg! And your haircut looks really good!

    http://perpetual-perplexities.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...